COVID- 19 is a new illness caused by a virus known as coronavirus that can affect your lungs and airways. It is mainly spread through cough droplets and is currently affecting over 160 countries worldwide. It is therefore imperative that precautions are taken to curb the spread of this virus. We have put together the following tips to ensure that you and your family remain safe during this new development.
Symptoms of coronavirus
- A high temperature – Your chest or your back gets extremely hot
- A continuous cough- You start coughing repeatedly.
- Shortness of breath- You may have difficulty breathing.
Should you experience such symptoms, you should stay at home and call the emergency health numbers provided by your government. Do not visit a doctor or hospital as this may spread the illness.
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
- Avoid close contact with sick people
- Wash your hands with soap and water regularly and for about 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizer if the soap is not available.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Avoid touching your
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough or sneeze.
- Have a healthy diet.