It is that time of year again, you guessed it, the Atlantic hurricane season. Our Team is dedicated to ensuring that you are as prepared for this season as you can be. According to the NOAA, 2021 is expected to have another above-normal hurricane season. So, are you ready?
We are all familiar with the general hurricane preparedness tips such as:
- Following the instructions issued by your government.
- Keeping non-perishable items handy, not only to avoid the rush at the last moment, but these items are known to withstand hurricane damage. These may include canned foods and drinking water.
- Keeping both a First Aid Kit AND Hurricane Kit close by. This may contain a flashlight, batteries, radio, candles etc.
- Storage of all important documents in a waterproof container.
- Creating an evacuation plan so that you and your family can easily reach to safety.
BUT that is not all, Gulf advises that you ensure to:
- Sign up for your online GWeb account with Gulf. This will ensure that you can report any claim online while staying safe in your home.
- Get a Quote!
- Install storm shutters to protect your home and REDEEM A DISCOUNT.
- Cut all tree branches that lie close to your home.
- Keep a home inventory listing. In the event of any damage, this will help you in identifying your losses, especially for claims reporting.
- Review your insurance policies. If your assets are not yet insured, please contact us for a quote. If you feel as though you are not adequately insured, it may be advisable to get a valuation of your asset done to determine the best Sum Insured. CONTACT US FOR AN APPRAISER
- Secure your vehicles
- Ask about the DISCOUNTS available to you.