OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
At Gulf Insurance Ltd, your privacy is a top priority. Your privacy is at the core of the way we design the service you know and love, so that you can fully trust them and focus on building meaningful connections.
We appreciate that you put your trust in us when you provide us with your information and we do not take this lightly.
We do not compromise with your privacy. We design our service with your privacy in mind. We involve experts from various fields to ensure that no decision is taken without respect for your privacy.
We work hard to keep your information secure. We have teams dedicated to keeping your data safe and secure. We constantly update our security practices and invest in our security efforts to enhance the safety of your information.
We appreciate that you trust us with your information and we intend to always keep that trust. This starts with making sure you understand the information we collect, why we collect it, how it is used and your choices regarding your information. This Policy describes our privacy practices in plain language, keeping legal and technical jargon to a minimum.
- We do not sell your personal information to anyone.
- We do not share your information with any other company or organisation that would use it to contact you about their own products and services unless permitted pursuant to a joint marketing agreement.
- We require persons or organizations that represent or assist us in servicing your policy and claims to keep your information confidential.
- We require our employees to protect your personal information and keep it confidential.
As you can see, protecting your personal information is important to us. In addition to the practices described above, we use a variety of physical, technical and administrative security measures that help to safeguard your information. For your date of birth, payment information, and other sensitive personal information, this includes restricting access to our employees, agents and others who use such information only as permitted by law, so as to comply with the law, to provide you with services or to handle your claims. Our privacy practices continue to apply to your information even if you cease to be a customer of Gulf Insurance Ltd.
You agree to at all times provide us with complete and truthful information. If any personal information changes or becomes inaccurate or out of date, you are required to advise us of these occurrences so we can update our records.
We may refuse to enter into or continue any relationships or conduct transactions with you for certain legal reasons, or if you insist on anonymity or provide false, inconsistent or conflicting information where the inconsistency or conflict cannot be resolved after reasonable inquiry.
If you wish to update, delete inaccuracies, or modify your profile information, you may do so at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
What Personal Information Do We Have and Where Do We Get It?
We gather personal information from you and from outside sources for business purposes, including carrying out the requested product or services, responding to customer service requests, administering your account, and sending you newsletters and other service related correspondence. Some examples of the information we collect from you may include your name, phone number, home and e-mail addresses, driver’s license and other identification number(s), date of birth, marital status, family member information, occupation / type of business, payment information, source of funds (including your annual income, assets and liabilities and credit history) and healthcare information. Also, we maintain records that include, but are not limited to, loan, deposits, policy coverage, premiums, and payment history.
Gulf Insurance Ltd may also collect and maintain appropriate records of third-party information from you to provide the relevant products, perform the necessary services and/or carry out requests, for example, adding another driver to an existing policy. If you provide us personal information about a third-party, or if a third-party provides us with your information, we will only use that information for the specific purposes listed below.
- Evaluate marketing campaigns;
- Analyze how customers use our websites and applications;
- Develop new services;
- Know and track how many visitors have seen or clicked on our advertisements.
Also, the Assuria Companies’ business partners assist us with monitoring information including, but not limited to, IP addresses, domain names and browser data, which can help the Assuria Companies to better understand how visitors use our websites.
In the course of normal business activities, Gulf collects from you and from outside sources, uses, verifies, stores and maintains appropriate records of, shares and exchanges your personal information with persons within and outside of Gulf for purposes, which include but are not limited to:
- Confirming your identity;
- Understanding your requirements and needs, ensuring you are eligible to access Gulf’s services and to ensure its products and services meet your requirements;
- Providing the product or perform the services requested by you including but not limited to-
- fulfilling a transaction that you requested;
- administering your account; servicing your insurance policy; investigating and adjusting your claim(s) or providing other services requested;
- responding to your service-related requests;
- Marketing and cross-selling the products and services of Gulf and any of Gulf’s affiliates, subsidiaries and/or associates to you, for example, by sending you by e-mail or regular mail promotional communications about products, features, and options that we believe may be of interest to you, newsletters and other service related correspondence;
- Preventing or detecting fraud or criminal activity or settling any actual or potential loss in connection with fraud or criminal activity;
- Complying with requests from regulatory and law enforcement authorities including where Gulf is required –
- to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when Gulf believes in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect its rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- Participating in support organizations, which engage in the practice of assembling or collecting information about persons for the primary purpose of providing information to a financial institution for transactions, such as consumer reports for use in connection with a transaction and for the purpose of detecting or preventing fraud, material misrepresentation or material nondisclosure.
Persons with whom Gulf can share Personal Information
- The persons or organizations with whom Gulf may share your personal information may include, but are not limited to:
- Your agent, broker and any of the Assuria Companies;
- Companies that perform services for Gulf, such as marketing, credit/debit card processing, and communication services on its behalf;
- Business partners that assist Gulf in tracking how visitors use the Gulf website;
- Other financial institutions and service-providers involved in a transaction with you;
- Other insurance companies involved in an insurance transaction with you, independent claims adjusters, recommended claims-related service-providers and vendors;
- Business(es) that conduct actuarial or research studies;
- Regulatory and law enforcement authorities; law enforcement representatives and private investigators and
- Persons who lawfully are entitled to the information pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the above, you hereby consent to and authorize Gulf to disclose and give your personal and other information to any of the Assuria Companies for any marketing purposes so that these persons can directly inform you about their products and services (to the extent permitted by the law). You acknowledge that the Assuria Companies include companies engaged in services such as long-term deposits, loans and other personal financial services; mortgage loans; trust and custodial services; insurance services; investment management and financial planning services; and mutual funds investment services. Gulf will only share your personal information with such third parties for the purposes detailed in and will require the service providers to protect the information so received in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Statement. Your consent provided here shall also apply to any companies that become Gulf’s affiliates, subsidiaries and/or associates in the future.
- Gulf may not directly provide all the services related to products and/or services ultimately provided to you. Gulf may utilize third-party service providers to process or handle information on its behalf and to assist with various services such as data processing, administration, marketing, providing customer support or performing statistical analysis of its services. Without prejudice to the generality of the above, you acknowledge that Gulf may release information about you to such third-party service providers and you fully authorize such disclosure. Gulf will only share your personal information with such third parties for the purposes detailed in and will require the service providers to protect the information so received in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Statement.
- You hereby expressly authorize Gulf to give your personal and other information to any of the persons or organizations stipulated in this section whom Gulf contacts with respect to providing such information to it.
The sharing by Gulf of your personal information, as contemplated by this section, will at all times be done as required and permitted by law.
The Internet and Your Information Security
Our website, gulfinsuranceltd.com provides information about us, our products, and the agencies and brokers that represent us. You may also perform some transactions on the website. This Privacy Statement applies to users of this website regardless of whether the user is a Gulf customer.
As true of most sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
Cookies allow us to provide you with a more customized service and are used to track and measure web site usage. This information may be used to manage and customise our Web site’s content, layout, and services in order to improve our site, enhance customer service, and provide tailored messages.
You may opt out of accepting cookies by changing the settings on your web browser. However, rejecting cookies may prevent you from using certain functions and you may have to repeatedly enter information to take advantage of services or promotions.
Although we believe that each of the sites to which we target our advertisements or from which we collect data should post a privacy statement that fully describes the advertising and data collection activities on its site, we cannot guarantee that all of those sites post such a statement.
What Security Procedures Do We Use To Guard Against The Loss, Misuse, Alteration, Or Theft Of Information While That Information Is Being Submitted To Gulf Over The Internet?
To help ensure the security of your personal and financial information that you submit to this website, (other than via an e-mail message), we use security software to encrypt the information before and during its transmission through the Internet. We only allow information to be submitted for transmission if your browser is compatible with our security software. If your browser is not compatible, you will receive a message indicating your transaction can be completed but at a lower level of security. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
E-mail messages are not secure. Our security software does not encrypt e-mail messages. E-mail messages travelling through the Internet are subject to viewing, alteration, and copying by potentially anyone on the Internet.
You should exercise discretion with respect to the submission of any personal or financial information via e-mail. If you are concerned about the security of your communication, we encourage you to send your correspondence through the postal service or use the telephone to speak directly to us. We are not responsible for the security or confidentiality of communications you send to us through the Internet using e-mail messages.
What Can You Do As A Customer To Help Maintain The Security Of Information When Accessing Gulf Over The Internet?
Some steps you can take to maintain the security of your information include:
- Utilize the latest, updated version of your web browser.
- Keep your user identification (User ID) and password confidential. Utilize a password unique to you and, if possible, change it frequently.
- Make sure others are not watching you enter your User ID or password on your keyboard.
- Do not leave your computer unattended while logged onto our website. After you’ve finished accessing your information, exit or close your browser window.
We hope you have found this Important Notice helpful. If you are not comfortable with any of the terms or policies described in this Privacy Statement, we ask that you discontinue use of our site.
We Appreciate Your Business
If you have questions or would like more information, please do not hesitate to visit any of our offices, contact us at 285-GULF or e-mail us at the following e-mail address: [email protected]
We reserve the right to change our Privacy practices, procedures, and terms.